Retail Times is a free-to-access web site reporting on local and global retail markets
Unlike other web sites, Retail Times delivers original and unique content. Retail Times is first with the detail; discovering, exploring and revealing the latest retail news and retail product trends.
The Retail Times website is edited by experienced business journalist Fiona Briggs (see below). Fiona has more than 20 years’ experience in business to business journalism with 10 years’ experience of editing at senior level in print and online. Fiona has previously edited magazines in the grocery, DIY and housewares sectors and is the editor of Global Convenience Store Focus, an online newsletter for executives in the international convenience and forecourt market. Fiona also contributes Global Trends articles to NACS Magazine, the magazine for the Association for Convenience and Petroleum Retailing in the US.
Easy to navigate, Retail Times offers seven key sections including:
Retail News, featuring the latest retail news, manufacturer and wholesale news from around the world
Product Time, highlighting the latest food and drink product launches, including top finds from leading food fairs and exhibitions
Data Time, featuring research, reports, polls, surveys and top tips plus shopper footfall data from Experian and Retail Spotlight, a new series of columns launched in partnership with Euromonitor International, exploring the latest retail and product trends
Opinion Time, providing comment, analysis, views and blogs from leading retail industry commentators and observers
Sustainability Time, showcasing energy efficiency, animal welfare, ethical sourcing, community involvement and local sourcing
Services Time, featuring new technologies, logistics, events, advertising and communications
Legal Time, top business need to knows for retailers and advice from our resident law firm, DWF.
About Fiona Briggs, Editor and Freelance Retail Business Journalist:
- I have more than 20 years’ experience in business to business journalism with 10 years’ experience of editing at senior level in both print and online media.
- I am the editor of Retail Times, a free access web site focused on the global grocery retail market. Retail Times is aimed at senior executives in the retail sector – CEOs, marketers and decision makers. Easy to navigate, Retail Times offers seven key sections including retail news, products, data, opinion, sustainable development, and services.
- I am also the editor of Global Convenience Store Focus, Insight’s online newsletter for executives in the international convenience and forecourt market. In addition, I contribute Global Trends articles to NACS Magazine, the magazine for the Association for Convenience and Petroleum Retailing in the US.
- I have written and contributed to numerous articles and white papers focusing on retail technology. Clients include leading global retail technology solutions providers, and broadsheet newspapers.
- I have all-round editorial skills combined with avid attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- I am creative and an innovator with a proven ability to handle commercial editorial projects from inception to completion.
- Often invited to sit on judging panels and be a conference speaker, I am a confident communicator with first rate presentation skills and have expert analytical knowledge of the retail sector.
Expertise and skills include:
- News and feature writing
- Product releases
- Online content development and content management
- Script writing and presentations
- Awards programme development
- Media training
- Events & conference reporting
I am a one-stop shop for all your media needs. For further information, please contact me
Retail Times Contributors & Columnists:
Fiona Briggs, Editor, Retail Times
Simon Chinn, Lead analyst, Conlumino
Barry Knight, Head of retail, Grant Thornton UK, contributor
Paul Downey, Freelance journalist
Edward Garner, Communications Director, Kantar Worldpanel, contributor